Saturday, April 21, 2007

The West Wing

There are shows that entertain, there are shows that educate, there are shows that exasperate, and then there are shows that not only impress, but move. And so the season finale of the The West Wing was screened tonight on ABC.

It is indeed my all-time favourite series on television. No other production could ever match The West Wing's pace, wit and screenplay. The plot evolved with a delightful tempo, and I found it thoroughly inventive. If anything, the series did well to inspire me. It challenged my interpretation of leadership, urging me to sharpen my mind, to better employ my influence.

With this finale, I have grasped an unalloyed resolve to be global in my influence. In this age, geography should no longer be a liege over us. In fact, I believe meaningful change towards a better world requires, even demands, that we see, hear, act and lead beyond our own boundaries. This paradigm is not in opposition with one that teaches ,"think globally, act locally." If anything, what I am suggesting is in support of such.

The bottom line is that what we do, what we say - all the choices we make - have far reaching consequences. The West Wing has encouraged me to think clearer, to lead better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home