Friday, May 05, 2006

Hero

The heavens were silent
The earth weeped in pain
Nations were trembling and hope never came
A Terror filled the air
And it wouldn't go away
We needed a Hero to come and save the day

When the curtain had closed
And it felt like the end
When your blood caught the fall and took away every sin
Even though men deny
You're the only sacrifice
That loved us enough
You loved us so much Lord
That you gave your life, see you saved my life

Now I can see you
I'm no longer ashamed
Your power I feel, see our lives have exchanged
Every wrong is erased
Jesus You are my Hero
You came and you saved the day

-Kirk Franklin

Eish,I couldn't have said it better,He is my Hero.

When all else deserted me,
You stayed right next to me,right there.
And when I thought I could do this life without You, You were patient with me.

Patient even through the times when I ridiculed You.
And after the ridicule, came the shame.
And my shame bore guilt.....and guilt,anger....but You stayed right next to me,right there.

So when I looked up,and saw You cry for me,bleed for me,DIE for me......I died too,and rose a new man.

Thank You Lord Jesus Christ,for being my Hero.
For standing up for me,when I didn't stand for You.
For forgiving me,when I gave nothing to You.
For loving me,when I had no love for You.

I love You

Your friend,

Jovi Al-Spirit

2 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Don 'Lidzi said...

No doubt, Our Hero Man! Nicely said!

I remember them days when times were nice and friends were plenty. We sinned against Him but He was always thurr.
I remember when times were tight and friends were few, He was still right thurr. His faithfulness, His love broke me and I just had to submit to His Sovereignty!

I followed and tho I struggled at 1st, He was still encouraging. It hurt to sin against Him. Struggles come with changes in environment and season but His faithfulness has a 100% never-failing track record. I'm more than confident that He Comes Thru. Now, I couldnt and wouldnt dare sin against Him coz His Holiness is overwhelming. Something changed in me when I came face-to-face with God Almighty.

Truly, there is NO greater Hero that I know. There is no greater model for my life. That's why I dont care what my friends might think, I dont care about where I've been before, I dont care about what it might cost me, He IS MY LORD!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Tatenda Mudariki said...

WOW...speechless is what I am, words cannot do Him justice and describe how He is my Hero, yes echoing the Don, when friends were few, when times were hard, when there seemed no light at the tunnels end..He was there and He rescued me!He encouraged me, He loved me, before it all..He was there and He understood my pain, my shame, my inadequacies, and for that I am always grateful!!

Excellent update Mr Spirit!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home