Saturday, September 09, 2006

Does it matter?

So then I am faced with circumstances that seem to bring me to a complete stop.

I then look into my Father's eyes, those strong eyes, and wonder....."can I make it out of this tight one without losing a limb?"

For a moment, there is the silence I can never get accustomed to...I quite dislike it. It's as though my question echoes continuously in the sanctuary of my soul. But His voice warms me so as He responds, "You will make it out of this, but only if you believe I will take you through it."

That does much to quell the rebellion in me, as my natural (even pathetic) reaction is to question whether it really matters what I believe. See, this is the pivot of my being.......it DOES matter what I believe, because I believe in The One.

If I believe I can and will be a great husband and father, then by God's grace, I will be. If I believe my wife and I, can and will bring transformation to this world, then by His grace, we will. If I believe I can, then, by His grace.....I will.

So, does it matter what you believe, or who you believe in??Ofcourse it does!!!

In fact, it matters so much that it affects every area of your life now, and your eternity.

Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home